Introducing…SoundTracking 2.0 for Android
We are super excited to announce our all-new SoundTracking 2.0 for Android
. We’ve redesigned SoundTracking for Android to make it easier and faster to share, to add the fun and excitement of music video to our discovery, and increase real-life social connections and serendipity. Please enjoy!
We’ve redesigned the sharing of music moments
For people who love music, sharing songs you’re enjoying in the moment is fun, but it still takes too many steps and that just pulls you out of the actual music you’re listening to. First, we created a Widget for your locked homescreen which allows you to identify songs playing, search by artist name or song title, or receive “currently playing on device” notifications quietly and then share with one tap from the Widget. This means you don’t have to unlock your phone and then find and open the app, if you want to just identify or share a song with your friends in the moment. Second, we created a snappier, lightweight set of fly-out buttons from a persistent action bar, that allows you to ID and share songs from within the app on any screen. Third, our new super-fast song search engine offers instant “as-you-type” search by artist name and/or song title, and searches against over 26 million tracks in our database.
SoundTracking x Youtube Music Videos
One of the things we wanted to do is open up the beautiful, fun and weird world of Youtube music videos to the SoundTracking community. When our users share music moments, many of the songs at the center of these moments have cool music videos that add to the meaning or enjoyment of that track. This really became obvious when we saw many users sharing Psy’s “Gangnam Style” song with still images of themselves dancing or of Psy. The real awesomeness of that song is the music video, not just the audio. We’ve integrated Youtube music videos into SoundTracking so you can play the videos inside the app seamlessly, rather than having to leave SoundTracking and get passed into the Youtube app.
Social in the Real World
Thinking about how people connect with each other through music, we wanted to create connections in real-life as much as possible. We created a couple new features for you:
- Song dedications and Name Tagging. Now you can dedicate songs to your friends and this action not only displays and notifies your ST friends, but also automatically tags and notifies them in other social networks to which the music moment is shared.
- “Trending Nearby”. In the Trending screen, we now show you popular posts and music from your local neighborhood and city. Many of our posts come from venues such as coffee shops, bars and concert venues so we’re excited to see when people in our community meet up and enjoy music in real life. We’re hoping this feature helps encourage that serendipity and real-world connection for all of you.
The New Features:
- Available now for 7” Android tablets
- Discover and play music videos with friends - When listening to someone’s shared music moment, you can now view the song’s Youtube music video inside the SoundTracking app (not sending the user outside to the Youtube app)
- Widget for your phone’s home screen - Quickly identify and share what song you’re listening to, right from your locked homescreen.
- Song dedications and tagging - Whether you’re dedicating a song to a friend or you’re listening to a song with them, you can tag your friends and they’ll receive an automatic notification about it. (Hint: Birthdays!)
- Trending Nearby - Discover new music and soundtrackers right in your own city and neighborhood using the Nearby view in the Trending section.
- Faster music identification with improved album cover images.
- Powerful new music search engine - Search over 26 million tracks by song title or artist name and get instant results as you type.
- Social Networks integrated with our Android app: Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare
- Music services now integrated with our Android app: Youtube, Spotify and RDIO