Identify Music Right From Your Android Lock Screen!
What’s this song? Just tap and i.d. No more fumbling with opening your phone, your music i.d. app and trying to catch the last 10 seconds of the song to identify it!
The Sound Search for DashClock App has implemented SoundTracking into it’s music i.d. menu. From the lock screen on your phone you can use SoundTracking music i.d. to identify the song you’re listening wherever you are! It’s currently available for Android 4.2 and up. Try it out today!
Hello, Android Music Lover. Welcome to the New SoundTracking.
We’re super excited to share some special news with you today! We’ve been busy in our lab working on an all-new redesigned SoundTracking app for our music-loving Android community.
Visual Music Feeds and Timelines
We’ve redesigned your music feeds and timelines so that you’ll see a more beautiful scrolling view of music moments; full of photos, artist images and album covers. We think you’ll really like how easily you can enjoy your friend’s personal music moments or a new DJ’s track! We’ve also improved browsing and navigation through the app, so it’s quicker and more streamlined to discover new music.
Smart Play: Watch Music Videos and Listen to Full-Length Songs
So you’re discovering new music from the DJs, bands, and new friends you’re follwing, but now you want to instantly enjoy a full listening experience. We’ve created the “Smart Play” button to make that happen. Instantly find and play the best matching music video or full-length songs on SoundTracking! Now you can discover and play music in full color and richness. To use the Spotify and Rdio options, download those apps on your phone as well.
Available now in the latest version of SoundTracking for Android:
- Beautiful visual feed and timeline of music moments
- New “Smart Play” button on the top right corner of every music moment which matches you to the best music video and full-song audio track available
- Watch music videos and play full-length tracks using your favorite music services such as YouTube, Spotify, and Rdio, in addition to iTunes
- Sign up or sign in using your email address, in addition to Facebook, Twitter, or Foursquare.
Download the app by clicking the button above, and let us know what you think! Feel free to send us feedback or suggestions at our Twitter or Facebook page. : )
The SoundTracking Team
Smart Play: Watch Music Videos & Play Full-Length Audio
We’re excited to announce some big news on how you enjoy music using SoundTracking! Many of you told us that you love being able to discover and share new music on SoundTracking, but wished for more ways to listen to an entire song beyond the clip. Well, we’ve been working on a simple and fluid way that lets you enjoy the best-matching music videos and full-length versions of songs you find on SoundTracking!
Today, we’re happy to share with you our new Smart Play feature which is now available in the latest version of SoundTracking:
- A new Smart Play button on the top right corner of every music moment which instantly matches the best music video and full-song audio track available
- Watch music videos and play full-length tracks using one of your favorite music services such as YouTube, Spotify, and Rdio*, in addition to iTunes.
- Browse and share directly from your music library when creating a music moment
*All SoundTracking app users will be able to view YouTube music videos inside their app. To use Spotify and Rdio options, install the music service app for iOS or Android to your mobile device.
We hope you like our new Smart Play button! Please try it out and let us know product feedback or suggestions at our Twitter or Facebook.
The SoundTracking Team
Introducing…SoundTracking 2.0 for Android
We are super excited to announce our all-new SoundTracking 2.0 for Android
. We’ve redesigned SoundTracking for Android to make it easier and faster to share, to add the fun and excitement of music video to our discovery, and increase real-life social connections and serendipity. Please enjoy!
We’ve redesigned the sharing of music moments
For people who love music, sharing songs you’re enjoying in the moment is fun, but it still takes too many steps and that just pulls you out of the actual music you’re listening to. First, we created a Widget for your locked homescreen which allows you to identify songs playing, search by artist name or song title, or receive “currently playing on device” notifications quietly and then share with one tap from the Widget. This means you don’t have to unlock your phone and then find and open the app, if you want to just identify or share a song with your friends in the moment. Second, we created a snappier, lightweight set of fly-out buttons from a persistent action bar, that allows you to ID and share songs from within the app on any screen. Third, our new super-fast song search engine offers instant “as-you-type” search by artist name and/or song title, and searches against over 26 million tracks in our database.
SoundTracking x Youtube Music Videos
One of the things we wanted to do is open up the beautiful, fun and weird world of Youtube music videos to the SoundTracking community. When our users share music moments, many of the songs at the center of these moments have cool music videos that add to the meaning or enjoyment of that track. This really became obvious when we saw many users sharing Psy’s “Gangnam Style” song with still images of themselves dancing or of Psy. The real awesomeness of that song is the music video, not just the audio. We’ve integrated Youtube music videos into SoundTracking so you can play the videos inside the app seamlessly, rather than having to leave SoundTracking and get passed into the Youtube app.
Social in the Real World
Thinking about how people connect with each other through music, we wanted to create connections in real-life as much as possible. We created a couple new features for you:
- Song dedications and Name Tagging. Now you can dedicate songs to your friends and this action not only displays and notifies your ST friends, but also automatically tags and notifies them in other social networks to which the music moment is shared.
- "Trending Nearby". In the Trending screen, we now show you popular posts and music from your local neighborhood and city. Many of our posts come from venues such as coffee shops, bars and concert venues so we’re excited to see when people in our community meet up and enjoy music in real life. We’re hoping this feature helps encourage that serendipity and real-world connection for all of you.
The New Features:
- Available now for 7” Android tablets
- Discover and play music videos with friends - When listening to someone’s shared music moment, you can now view the song’s Youtube music video inside the SoundTracking app (not sending the user outside to the Youtube app)
- Widget for your phone’s home screen - Quickly identify and share what song you’re listening to, right from your locked homescreen.
- Song dedications and tagging - Whether you’re dedicating a song to a friend or you’re listening to a song with them, you can tag your friends and they’ll receive an automatic notification about it. (Hint: Birthdays!)
- Trending Nearby - Discover new music and soundtrackers right in your own city and neighborhood using the Nearby view in the Trending section.
- Faster music identification with improved album cover images.
- Powerful new music search engine - Search over 26 million tracks by song title or artist name and get instant results as you type.
- Social Networks integrated with our Android app: Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare
- Music services now integrated with our Android app: Youtube, Spotify and RDIO